SOAR is based on collaboration between different research institutions and universities. The funding of SOAR is secured by the institutions represented in the Steering Committee.
In addition, SOAR takes part in various networks and forms partnership with research institutions and universities:
AGROASIS - the Nordic School of Agroecology/Ecological Agriculture, NOVA University Network. AGROASIS consists of the five Nordic universities; University of Copenhagen, KU (Denmark), Aarhus University (Denmark), The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU (Sweden), Norwegian University of Life Sciences, UMB (Norway) and University of Helsinki, HU (Finland).
A number of institutions contribute to activities in SOAR and host PhD students who research within the field of organic agriculture and food systems. Some of them are also represented in the Scientific Panel of SOAR [LINK]. Affiliated partners include
- National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy, Technical University of Denmark
- National Food Institute Technical, University of Denmark
- National Environment Research Institute, Aarhus University
Joint organisation of courses and activities, exchange of researchers, ....
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna BOKU [link + description of agreement]
Projects that SOAR participates in
SOAR participates as project partner in the following projects:
- Productivity and growth in Organic Value Chains, under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Denmark, with participation from Makarere University (Uganda), University of Nairobi (Kenya), Sokoine University of Agriculture (Tanzania), LIFE (Denmark), NERI (Denmark) and DJF (Denmark). This project comprises 8 PhD studies in East Africa [LINK til project hjemmeside â€“ endnu ikke eksisterende]
For further information and suggestions of collaboration at any level please contact head of SOAR Mette Vaarst [LINK/email]